The Lords Place Inc
The Lord's Place is a dynamic, passion-driven social impact organization in Palm Beach County providing innovative, compassionate and effective services to homeless men, women and children in our community. We are an organization committed to building an inclusive, varied workplace welcoming to people of all backgrounds. We have consistently ranked nationally as a Best Nonprofit to Work For, as a Best Place to Work in Florida, and as a Best Place to Work in South Florida.
What makes us one of the best places to work, besides having mission-focused employees who live our core values?
•Generous paid time off including vacation, sick leave, and holidays
•401k with employer match
•Exceptional benefits including health, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability, supplemental insurances
•Flexible work environment
•And much, much more!
We are seeking a self-motivated, compassionate Client Advocate to join our Community Engagement Team in the PATH Program. PATH stands for Projects for Assistance in Transition from Homelessness. The candidate will provide comprehensive case management services for individuals experiencing homelessness with high mental health needs. The candidate will provide a variety of case management functions to include, but is not limited to the following: individual assessment and service planning; SOAR applications; linking to needed services; service implementation and coordination with timely and thorough documentation; monitoring service delivery; client advocacy; street level outreach and engagement. The candidate must be able to pass Level Two DCF background screening. Hours may vary including evenings and weekends.
Some essential functions and responsibilities include:
· Screen applicants for eligibility through telephone, office visit, written documentation or a combination of the latter.
· Work with individuals to develop action plans.
· Work with individuals to complete assessments to inform linkages and connections to housing, benefits, and other resources.
· Maintain timely documentation and case notes in client file.
· Provide appropriate referrals to educational classes, training programs, counseling, legal services, credit counseling or other community resources.
· Follow-up with referrals made and advocate on behalf of residents when appropriate.
· Provide SOAR referrals as needed.
· Attend weekly staffing meetings with the Supervisor.
· Keep current on resources available within the community by attending workshops, conferences and meetings as assigned by the Supervisor.
· Become certified for case management in the first 90 days of employment.
· Utilize and update resident information on Service Point or another web-based database.
· Prepare letters, memos and other documentation using Microsoft Word.
· Perform additional duties as assigned by the PATH Supervisor according to business needs.
Requirements for the position include:
· Requires Bachelor's degree in social work or related field.
· Minimum of one-year experience in the social work field required.
· Pass Level Two DCF background screening.
· Familiarity with local support groups and agencies that provide services preferred.
· Excellent verbal and communication skills.
· Computer skills, including a working knowledge of Office 97 or higher required.
· Ability to operate business equipment used daily within the organization.
· Ability to learn and use whatever documentation system appropriate to their program, including electronic databases to document case notes.
· Completion of SOAR, SPDAT and certification training within the first 90 days of employment.
Special Requirements and Physical Demands
· The ability to conduct numerous and frequent client intake assessments, action plans and referrals which may require sitting for long periods of time.
· Requires maintaining a valid Florida State drivers' license with a satisfactory driving record and eligibility for coverage under any applicable Company insurance.
· Requires ability to operate business equipment used daily within the organization.
· May require lifting up to 15 lbs.
Preferred Years Of Experience:1 Year(s)
Education Required:4 Year Degree - BS
Salary Range:$38,000.00 - $45,000.00
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :